Friday, June 26, 2009

practical happens impractical reacts

this is a blog about me. the balance between my halves. i am the close product of two diverse humans. i am the farther related product of many elements made of the memories of my ancestors. they live on in my blood, in my body. i used to know one thing about myself:
I am consistent in my inconsistency
what has changed?
i am more of my own experiences.
At my current age I am less of those that i've hinged in part to, such as Mom's or Dad's recollections, research of people, place, and country of my forebears.
The apple didn't fall far from the tree-we know. But it's apple's makes it's own stand along side and branches out along time to grow and mature.
I'm no longer the seed, I am the trunk and from it have grown branches.
I now have fallen my own delicate fruit and I hover over with the watchful, protective, yearning for it's own (her own) future and strength and longevity.
For her to live to see past the shadow of my protective branches and into the light and dreams, of perspective above the struggle to grow, reaching to the place where she unhinges and begins to see her own experiences lived create and build a treehouse of her own.
May she always know the best part of our related elements. May she take shade and shelter in knowing I, her Mommy hovered watchful and protectively after struggles of my own. Yet, with my love and my lineage strong as I could bare my human foibles and hopefully good strengths without promise of a return of the same. A gamble in life worth taking.

No comments: