Friday, December 11, 2009

gotta get me back to the base

Modern life and the base; i'm in a time of stress and nothing eases the stress of a busy life like the notion of going back to basics. So when I think "i've got to get back to the base" i'm really thinking of a place where less is more. That place to me is the Farm. How to get back there?

Besides being a member of a CSA or having a back yard garden to conjure snips of farming spirit- what lacks is that sense of rest at the end of a long hard days work. I'm hearing that line in the John Denver song; "life on the farm is kinda laid back ain't nothin an ol' country boy (insert girl) she can't hack".

I'm searching myself for that "Grandma's feather bed" is it a long since thing of the past? If my bones ache from labor after office hours it's not because I've been turning rows in the field. I drive to work. My gym membership lapsed. I'm not laid back and yet i'm feeling kinda like I can't hack it much these times.

Enter visual prosperity in the form of internet outreach.
My friend emailed me
this this today.

Normally i'd go for the ultra streamlined simplicity of straight, long lines but get me back to the farm and look down the page at taking a vacation in life and never leaving the farm's tinyhouse!

Suddenly this life has meaning again. Now where's the feather bed outlet?

No comments: