I have a problem with 2 certains words. They infect me, make me turn into white wonder bread, fluffed up easily, squashable it, a pea sized bit. So I purge today and will to stop using them in daily vocabulary OR affirmative action word swap.
#1 Word: hope. The word is so overused in my vocabulary it's as if it owns me. It's to the point where when I use it, I hear the undertone of loser to it. I've spent so much of my time hoping that it cradles my insecurities and fear of failure and puts it into the hands of some enigmatic higher fairy magic that I glean should wave it's magic wand on me.
Hope is important in certain places and times. But when abused, it does have a way of putting one on one's knees. Word swap in place of hope = will. Make a goal, write it down. Read it everyday.
#2 Word: tired: I am almost always tired. If I am talking about being tired, I am either making an excuse for what I shouldn't have done before or what I'm procrastinating now. Enough with tired. Skip, over-used. Word swap in place of tired = power nap. Or as my friend Carolyn says 'disco nap'.
No comments:
Post a Comment