It's a saying used to describe a wirey, somewhat clumbsy limbed individual learning spatial orientation at grace's expense.
I clearly recall working through this stage in my early development. It took me from 5th grade to about 6th to nail it down; the wonder of having a growing body. Suddenly, around 'bout that Judy Blume coming of age 8th grade year...I was vying for coordination again. I was a book on the library shelf in the non-fiction section. I was not an easy read.
I haven't looked back at those akward days in a long, long time. But, good reason has brought me back.
I am less than 24 hours post ACL reconstructive surgery of the knee. I don't recognise my body much right now. But it is recognising me with swollen left knee and agonizing pain at each haul up, down, around of where I need to be. I can't believe how much like a cantelope my knee resembles. A shout out for recalled out summer fruit that hath my knee remembers from better days.
Rehabilitation is a one day at a time reminder that i've suffered bouts with my body before that have really aleinated me like now. It's back and here at this time and is just another part in the chapter titled Amy's body parts. From the Amy book of living and falling. I really look forward to returning to it's rather juicier parts, none too soon.
1 comment:
A Judy Blume reference! Get well soon. Hope the rehab is going well.
Post a Comment