Wednesday, June 11, 2014

a stitch of another color...


Marsha!!! Marsha!!! Marsha!!!

Which Brady Girl were you?  I was Cindy, cute and awkward and wanting boobs and straight hair! 

I'm grown now.  I didn't turn out like Marsha. I'm more peculiar than polished but I can get there. 
My hair is curly and I stumble over my lines. My edges aren't as streamlined, they're compact.  I'm still the girl who likes to wear shorts under dresses and to play hard.
I never was an ASB president but I know if I practice I can speak in public, straighten my hair to perfection and train my form to function.

This is the modern age! I can harken back and look forward, do online business, relay up to the minute corporate legal happenings from WSJ and HOLLA for vintage patterns in my size on Ebay.

Why would I want to cut and sew a dress a la retro 70's chick.  Do I wanna?  Yes I do.  Because I can.

BTW in spirit of The 40th Anniversary of Diane Von Furstenberg's wrap dress this year.  Viva DVF.

She of frizzy hair and she who rocks it. What is about to happen in my sewing room:




And She WHO must Be Glorified -

http://www.laweekly.com/publicspectacle/2014/01/10/diane-von-furstenbergs-famous-wrap-dress-celebrates-40th-anniversary-with-la-exhibit

Special Thank You ebay seller turtleattic -excellent condition vintage patterns!

around4corners

No comments: