Thursday, November 5, 2009

recent times in the reflection pond

Good bye October and let me recap there in the off-center of it's pool of thoughts and happenings:
three things happend that were fun and funny. 
1.  Palm reading: over dinner and drinks led to the sharing of an experience, where one palm reader saw "crazy" lines on the hand on one of our dinner party.  A group of us immediately compared hands.  Another interpreter surmised the crazy lines, as physical manifestation of a person who can take it on, handle a lot, wear various hats and basically "own the business".  Credit to me-in my own words.  You have to be slightly crazy yet, I would deem highly organized to successfully run a business.  On the other hand there were members of our group who didn't "own the business".  No crazy lines on the palm.  Can the farmer operate without the ox?  No.  The world is comprised of both and equally is as important to each.
2.  Fortune Cookies:  finding the simplicity or twist of focus in the day.  "Music is the soul of language".  Thank you Fortune cookie, I'm now going to spend some money at the Itunes Store.
3.  Proverbs:  Yiddish proverb especially rang to my heart and coincidentally entered into conversation the same week which in turn, led to lots more time wading thru the reflection pool. 
  "A man with money in his pocket is not only good looking, but can sing".  This applies also to woman.  Suddenly, my penny pinching punch list popped up to the top of my to do list and I scheduled a Garage Sale to take place this weekend. 
November is here.  I've had the best October on record for 3 years.  I feel like the Holidays will be the Holi-day to day.  Equal parts of rythm and blues, county and bop.


No comments: